IMPORTANT UPDATE: My original The Simple Golf Swing Review is below but I wanted to point out that The Golf Swing Guru has just been updated to be even better than before. Many people had asked for videos to show The Simple Swing in action and David Nevogt has obviously listened.
Now, when you order The Simple Swing book, you get the Simple Golf Swing video presentation that walks you through every step of the system.
Why am I writing this? Well, when I got a hold of the Golf Swing Guru ebook, there weren’t many real reviews around. I had special reasons to use The Simple Swing that is taught by David, but more on that in a minute. Anyway, I thought I’d do a quick review to help any of you who are thinking about buying it or who are maybe in the same position I was.
My First Impressions of the Golf Swing Guru System
Wow, this swing is completely different to what I have been using for the last few decades! Golf is a complex game because the traditional swing is so complicated. You have to remember so many different moving parts, like the weight transfer and cocking the wrists, and all the rest of the turns and twists. The Golf Swing Guru swing is so much easier to grasp and to implement; all the unnecessary parts have been taken out so that you don’t have to worry about them…this could be the perfect golf swing that every golfer is looking for!
The chapter on the setup position really surprised me; it all looks and feels a bit weird the first time that you try it because it is so unconventional – but it is simple! Another thing that threw me at the beginning was the recommended ball position for all of the shots. You have to have an open mind and just accept that David knows what he is teaching and give it a try.
After reading quickly through the guide and looking at the photos, you may be left wondering if this simple swing will work or not. I know I did, but after going through it more slowly and re-reading a few sections, I was surprised at just how simple it all comes together. It is a complete package that is based on David’s System of:
- Unique Setup
- Timing Drill
- Alignment Drill
- Backswing (2 unique steps)
- Downswing (1 unique step)
- Follow Through (1 unique step)
What David’s Swing Has Helped Me Achieve
Before I get into what I achieved with this system, first a bit of a background on me and my golf game. I have been playing golf for over 35 years now and I have struggled with my game for most of that time. I learned the traditional swing from my friends and family when I was young and also had many golf club pro lessons. However, my swing was always very inconsistent and I couldn’t hit the ball solidly half of the time. (I had also never broken 100 in my life.)
Then I had a problem with my lower back that resulted in paralysis in one leg. After major lower back surgery I regained the use of my legs but I suffered many setbacks for several years after. I couldn’t even think about picking up a golf club throughout that time and my doctor had recommended that I never play golf again.
After a while, I had less problems and I could do more physical things without so much pain. It was then that I saw the Simple Golf Swing System that is said to place less stress on the lower back and that it is for anyone, regardless of physical ability. Obviously, I was itching to get back on the golf course after my back surgery, and I thought that this system was what I was looking and hoping for.
I was right! After a very short time, not only was I able to golf again, I was able to golf a hell of a lot better than I had ever done in my life! After remembering to always stretch and warm-up before a round of golf, I can now play 18-holes without any discomfort. My game is now consistent, my shots are solid, and I score in the mid to high 80’s. Although I have done it a few times, my goal is to now break 80 and get a single digit handicap.
The Top 5 Things That I Learned
Certainly, this golf swing system has been a huge transformation for me; not only allowing me to play golf again but also in the easy and quick way I was able to improve upon my old game. However, here are 5 things that stand out for me:
- The golf swing doesn’t need to be complicated or forceful to produce more distance. Amazingly, you don’t need a huge, sweeping backswing to create more distance; you just need a simple swing with the right timing.
- The correct grip and the simple set-up that David shows you are the most important factors for determining your score. Luckily, they are also the easiest to change and to learn.
- Every golfer knows the importance of proper alignment to the target; with this system, the proper alignment almost comes naturally. If not, David teaches a simple alignment drill that makes it easy to visualize.
- The idea of using your spine as a perfect axis during the golf swing was such an easy principle to envisage and to put into practice. You make a shoulder turn around this axis which gives you a repeatable swing every time – there is nor horizontal movement just rotation around the spine.
- You don’t have to worry about what starts the downswing – this is a subject of such contention with the traditional swing where every golf “expert” has their own idea about what exactly starts the downswing. With this system you will learn how easy it is to start your downswing as it is all about being connected.
Who Would Benefit From Purchasing this Golf Swing Ebook and Video?
Obviously, golfers like me that have physical injuries are able to enjoy playing golf again thanks to David’s methods. (Remember to consult a doctor beforehand as neither David nor I are responsible for any personal injury as a result of using this swing method.)
Also, many senior golfers that have naturally lost a lot of flexibility and power can benefit greatly from this system – you will spend only half the physical energy compared to a full swing.
Finally, any golfer that is struggling with their game or who just can’t seam to play with any level of consistency will benefit from learning The Simple Swing. If you can’t break 100 or even 120, then this is definitely the golf swing guide for you.
To become a great golfer by using the traditional swing takes great physical shape and years of practice to perfect. The Simple Swing can be learned very quickly and it is a repeatable swing that will give any golfer the ability to hit crisp and solid shots with great accuracy.
What I Think Was Left Out of the Simple Golf Swing System
Although some people consider this a beginner golf swing, it seams that it is not aimed at the complete golf beginner or novice. Although the complete beginner could take the information and learn how to golf from it, I do believe that there could be a section or a bonus e-book just for the beginner to cover the basics of golf.
How Quickly Can You Improve Your Game
As it is such a simple system to follow and a simple swing that is easy to understand, most golfers should be able to see improvements in their game after 2 to 3 weeks. If you practice the system, you might even see positive results during your first round of golf.
David believes that most golfers can learn this system within 3 hours; that is probably true but it depends on how quick you can shift your mentality from your old swing to this new and revolutionary simple swing, plus get rid of the bad habits that you may have.
If you apply the methods and put in the time, you could drop 7 strokes after only 2 rounds and go on to drop a total of 12 strokes after 2 weeks. Realistically, you should be playing the best golf of your life after one month.
Proof That this Swing System Really Works
As I have successfully proven to my self and to my golf buddies, this system does indeed work. However, you may be skeptical, so visit the official website by clicking the link below and read the testimonials from golfers that have also used David’s system:http://www.golfswingguru.com/testimonials_special.php
Additional Skills or Tools Needed to Get the Most Out of this System
Remember that even though the success rate is 95%, you may have different results. This is a proven system that will help you obtain a repeatable, consistent, and accurate golf swing and that will also add distance to your shots – but you have to apply the methods, practice them, and put in the time and effort to see results.
My Final Thoughts About the Simple Golf Swing System
This ended up being quite a long review but I wanted to give you as much information as possible so that you can make an informed decision as to whether it is right for you. However, this system does work and it works well and quickly.
For good reason this is the most popular and successful golf swing system available today. There are other swing systems that claim to be easy to learn…like the Stack and Tilt, the Symple Golf swing, or the Natural golf swing…but I have found that David’s swing is the most consistent.
David has helped thousands of golfers from all over the world fix their swing problems and become much better golfers. There is even a left hand version of the simple swing for all you lefties!
Remember that this is a complete system for transforming your game. Apart from the video and the step-by-step guide book with photos that teaches you the correct grip, the new set-up, and the 5-step simple swing, you also get the following bonus material:
- The Original Simple Golf Swing Short Game Video – This Video gives you expert instruction on our method for the short game.
- The Original Simple Golf Swing Driver Video – This Video walks you through our method for the full golf swing.
- The Simple Chip – With These golf chipping tips you will be able to start one putting by being able to consistently put the ball close to the pin.
- Fit to a Tee by Mike Pedersen – This book, which has been read by over 50,000 golfers, will teach you how your body is affecting your swing and what you can do to change that.
- Training Aids You Can Make at Home – A guide book that will save you money by teaching you how to make simple training aids from materials that you can find in your own home.
- Three Valuable Putting Tips will Shave AT LEAST 4 Strokes from your game
- How to Get Out of the Sand and Close to the Cup
- Mental Preshot Routine
- Secrets From the Game’s Longest Hitter with Mike Austin
- Plus, Lifetime Updates to the Simple Golf Swing System
Golf is supposed to be enjoyable but I know how frustrating it can be when you are slicing the ball, missing the greens, three putting, and scoring in triple digits. So, if you want to feel the satisfaction of hitting the ball further and straighter, and possess a simple, repeatable, and consistent golf swing – then get The Golf Swing Guru today.